Our technical director Marco Cravero has obtained the certification “Additive Manufacturing for Innovative Design and Production”, issued by the renown MIT xPro training program, under the direction of Professor John Hart. A strategic resource of great value for Protocube Reply which, in this field, is committed to acquiring skills directly from the fields of research and application in the American market, where the additive manufacturing industry is expressed at its best.
More in detail, it is necessary to understand how the technological paradigm of additive manufacturing is capable of redefining completely how products are conceived and designed, even before they are manufactured. The potential of 3D printing makes it possible to handle on-demand, agile, flexible business models specifically aimed at product customisation. For companies to make a digital shift, it is necessary to overcome numerous barriers – especially, in terms of expertise – while making support and consultancy available for them.
Thanks to continuous research side by side with the manufacturers of 3D printing systems and the continuous application in the field, Protocube Reply can offer a constantly updated training and consultancy program that assesses the needs of each company, optimising business processes thanks to specific skills, always shared with the companies:
- Understanding the technical principles and the workflow of 3D printing with the most popular materials: polymers, metals and composites;
- Understanding the value of 3D printing, considering production costs, performance and applications compared to conventional methods;
- Understanding the value of 3D printing over the entire product life cycle;
- Considering the transition from prototyping and production with conventional methods to technologies based on additive manufacturing;
- Designing new parts and products, enhancing skills and generative design systems to shift towards objective-oriented design;
- Evaluating the most suitable solutions in the extremely heterogeneous ecosystem of additive manufacturing methods and materials currently available on the market;
- Testing materials for specific applications;
- Support for the implementation of business plans that make use of 3D printing technologies;
- Evaluating break-even points for specific applications;
- Analysing and designing hybrid workflows, able to seamlessly combine CNC systems and AM systems.